Dr. Avtar Grewal and Clinical Director Dr. Bill Pickard are an uncommon team. Together, they provide uncommon treatment and beautiful smiles to all of our patients.
In addition, they offer a wide range of treatment options. From early treatment and braces to retention and TMJ treatment, they give uncommon care to patients of all ages.
Let’s meet our doctors!
Avtar Grewal, DDS, Cert. Ortho, FRCD(c)
Dr. Avtar Grewal (aka Dr. G.”) was mentored by and worked with Dr. Bill Pickard (founder and clinical director of Uncommon Orthodontics) and as such, has a similar focus on patient care. Dr. Pickard saw in him the characteristics that you will come to love as well:
- A deep commitment to excellence
- A specific philosophy to treat the whole face, not just the teeth
- A gentle touch for patient care
- A genuine love for patients, parents and team members
- A humble heart that serves the whole community
- A continuing desire to seek additional knowledge
- A strong emphasis on patients’ comfort, safety and satisfaction
- An intense focus to create a beautiful smile that is also healthy and functional
- A sincere dedication to partnering with his colleagues for the patients dental health
Dr. G. completed his dental and orthodontic studies at Howard University in Washington D.C. and has treated over 6,000 patients since beginning his orthodontic career, eleven years ago. He and his beautiful wife, Navi, have moved to the Joplin area with their two boys and are all very excited about becoming part of the local community.
Bill Pickard, DDS, MS, Clinical Director
- Holds an undergraduate degree from the University Of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Received his DDS and MS in Orthodontics from the University of Tennessee, Memphis
- Has 42+ years of experience in the practice
- Loves UT Vols, jet skiing, Alaska fishing, soccer, grilling out, and also playing with his seven grandchildren
- Has been married for 44 years to his wife, Mary Ann